Intro - "Pauline, Dear Christiana"

TITLE : "PAULINE.. DEAR CHRISTIANA"
PICTURE REFERENCE: CIRCA 1979- ENUGU NG
INSPIRATION : ABEOKUTA

i] 

And yes, It's the four eyed dagger that sees beneath your fears, 
the ones that fishes out agony masked in your smiles & tears lurking in your laughter that I will become when you let me into your thoughts 

I could become that still voice in the shadows humming to your fears sweet gospels....a fact many detest about my person

Remember how children fret when caught in the midst of a lie? I am the spy in their heads when they can't barter lies with pains that'll comes from soaked cords in the hands of their mothers

Lo, I am become who my Grandmother is, who she wanted me be..."a seeker of truth". Dear Christiana! A beacon of Justice. 

Now, do I love what I now am, No!

Its a hard becoming.....

ii]

-one which makes addicts hide their drugs when I walk in the shadows, more in the open
-makes thieves cleanse the mundanity of their sins at the still of my voice
& compels even gravid liers conscious of their gimmicks at the scent of my name

a task she took for 70+ years, one only the strong can behold. 

& Behold.. strong linings in my DNA.. wirra, I am become Truth, a gift from my Grandmother.

By Daniel Ezeokeke
First track on my Project "Dear Christiana August Circa 2024"



Comments